Bruce I. Campbell
Bruce Campbell is a senior shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm. As a member of the Business Division, he has a general practice in, but not limited to, the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration and taxation.
Bruce has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Family limited partnerships (FLP) and limited liability companies (LLC)
- Grantor retained annuity trusts (GRAT)
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Charitable planning
- Special use valuation, estate tax deferral, valuation of entities
- U.S. Estate and Gift tax examinations
- Income and inheritance tax protests before the Iowa Department of Revenue
- Fiduciary and individual income tax planning
- Sales of real estate, farms, and businesses from estates
Bruce has handled several fiduciary litigation cases including will
and trust contests, will and trust interpretations, determinations of
spousal rights, contested guardianship and conservatorship matters,
breaches of fiduciary obligation, and removal of fiduciaries. He also
has testified as an expert in cases involving estate planning and estate
administration malpractice claims.
Bruce has assisted clients in establishing several not-for-profit
charitable corporations and charitable trusts, including publicly
supported charities, supporting organizations and private foundations,
and obtaining their U.S. tax exemptions.
Bruce is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) and an ACTEC trained mediator specializing in the mediation of probate and family succession disputes. He is also a member of the Real Property, Probate & Trust and Taxation sections of the ABA.