Frank J. Carroll
“A wealth of experience and a well-deserved reputation, particularly in dealing with corporate transactions and corporate benefit matters." Chambers USA 2016, Reference Feedback
Frank is a senior shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm. As a member of the Business Division, he has a general practice in, but not limited to, business organizations and transactions, mergers & acquisitions and tax.
Frank's broad corporate experience includes negotiating acquisitions,
joint venture relationships and investments made by venture capital
firms. He drafts, reviews, and analyzes contracts for businesses in
various industries and of various sizes. His practice also includes
planning tax consequences for taxable and tax-free acquisitions and
other numerous and varied business transactions.
Frank is a past president of the Iowa State Bar Association and has served on the Board of Governors. He is a member of the American Bar Association’s Business Law and Taxation Sections, is the past chair of both the Iowa State Bar Association Business Law Section and the Corporate Counsel Section. Frank was highly involved in the ISBA Limited Liability Company Committee in 1993 when the Iowa Limited Liability Company Act was drafted. He was also involved 2001-2002 in the For Profit Corporation Committee which reviewed amendments to the Iowa Business Corporation Act.
- one of the largest energy holdings companies in the U.S. with a $1.9 billion dollar wind project that will result in wind turbines in five Iowa counties and a projected 1,050 megawatts of power in the state by 2015.
- multi-state home healthcare provider in connection with formation of multi-million dollar joint-ventures with other home healthcare providers to develop senior care facilities in multiple states including Texas, Illinois, Alabama, Connecticut, Washington and Wisconsin.
- multi-state home healthcare provider in connection with the formation of a multi-million dollar joint-venture with another multi-state home healthcare provider thereby enabling both to expand their scope and depth of operations
- livestock company for over 25 years providing organizational, governance, contractual and transactional assistance. Also assisted them with acquisitions, a number of capital raises, and finally with their sale to another livestock company.
- client selling to an institutional investor a minority interest in a operating subsidiary that specializes in purchasing and distributing goods and services (including medical supplies, therapy programs, goods, and beverages) to member companies to an institutional investor.
- Chinese client to acquire an American recreational vehicle manufacturer company. Assisted with the transaction documents and government authorizations and approvals.
- the second largest crop underwriter in North America, in the sale of more than $1 billion in stock to a global publicly traded insurance company.
- leading developer and manager of continuing care, assisted living retirement communities in the acquisition of substantially all assets of a privately-held company with expertise in continuing care retirement communities.
- national seed producer in the sale of its equity interests.
- leading RV manufacturer of Class A and Class C motor homes in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a manufacturer of towable recreational vehicles.
- Midwestern supplier of construction materials in the sale of its stock to a privately held company.
- manufacturer and marketer of soybean seeds and products in the sale of some of its assets to a subsidiary of a large chemical company.
- privately-held hybrid seed company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a subsidiary of a large chemical company.
- developer of nutritional products in the sale of some of its assets and intellectual property to a pharmaceutical company.
- frozen food servicing company in the sale of its assets to a subsidiary of Marzetti Foods.
- seed company in the sale of its various divisions to separate purchasers.