Wei-erh joined the Business Division of the Davis Brown Law Firm as an associate in 2015. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and general business transactions. Wei-erh has advised both publicly and privately held companies on a variety of corporate and transactional issues, including securities law, corporate governance, entity formation, and securitizations.
- Represented clients with respect to domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including:
- the acquisition by Koch Agronomics Services, LLC of the research and development business of Mendel Biotechnology, Inc.
- the acquisition by Waste Management Holdings, Inc. of Deffenbaugh Disposal, Inc.
- the acquisition of railroad lines and other assets
- the acquisition of certain healthcare technology and software companies
- Represented both start-up companies and venture capital investors in private equity and debt financing transactions
- Represented commercial mortgage loan services in connection with private and public structured finance transactions
- Represented publicly-held companies with respect to general compliance, registration, reporting and proxy solicitation under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, respectively.
PUBLICATIONS, SPEECHES & SEMINARS
- Article, “A developing trend: heightened scrutiny of private equity fund advisers,” E-Alert, Stinson Leonard Street LLP.
- Note, “Optimizing Online Trademark Protections Given the Proliferation of Generic Top-Level Domains,” Journal of Corporation Law, Volume 38.