Jana Luttenegger Weiler
Jana is a member of the firm’s business division and practices in the areas of estate planning, administration of estates and trusts, guardianships and conservatorships, nonprofits and charitable organizations, and employee benefits, including ERISA law.
Jana assists clients with planning for and transferring wealth in various stages of life, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney. She also regularly assists clients and their families in handling probate and/or trust administration following death of a loved one.
In her employee benefits practice, Jana counsels tax-exempt organizations, governmental organizations and nongovernmental organizations on various kinds of employee benefits, including pension plans and public employee retirement benefits. Jana has assisted clients with calculating and correcting improper elective deferrals, improper matching contributions, errors in vesting calculations, and errors in distributions.
Prior to joining the firm in 2011, Jana was a summer associate in 2009 and 2010.
Jana previously served on the firm’s internal Professional Personnel Committee, which handles the summer associate program and employment matters. She also served as a mentor for the summer associate program.
PUBLICATIONS, speeches, and seminars
- Speaker, Iowa State Bar Association Annual Meeting, June 2015
- “Iowa Uniform Power of Attorney Act,” Drake Real Estate Transactions Seminar, March 2015
- Speaker at the Bloethe Tax School, December 2013
- “Estate of Myers,” Lincoln Inne, February 2013
- "Social Security: How to Help your Clients Make Informed Choices", Lincoln Inne, Feb. 2012.
Davis Brown Tax Law Blog