Jason M. Stone
Jason Stone is a shareholder in the Business Law Division. His practice concentrates on the formation, acquisition, disposition, operation, and liquidation of business entities of all types and sizes and he has served clients in the fields of real estate, advanced technologies, health care, senior housing, agriculture, manufacturing and finance.
Jason is also the program coordinator for Start-Up Launchpad, a premium full-service program of the Davis Brown Law Firm that includes flat-fee strategic advice and legal services for start-up businesses and entrepreneurs. The program is designed to provide entrepreneurs with solid legal, financial and strategic advice, so they are able to focus on business matters. Jason is past chair of the Business Law Division.
Start-Up Launchpad Blog
- Advising a federated cooperative on tax-free reorganizations, liquidations and joint ventures
- Advising a publicly traded diversified financial services company on tax-free reorganizations, debt offerings and compensation matters
- Advising a publicly traded manufacturing company on critical federal income tax issues
- Advising a publicly traded media company on tax-free exchanges of personal property
- Advising leading real estate companies on various corporate and tax matters including, but not limited to, state and federal income and property tax matters, with a special emphasis on state and federal income tax credits
- Advising one of the country’s largest operators of senior housing on joint-ventures and acquisitions
- Advising buyers and sellers on acquisitions and dispositions in transactions of various sizes and industries
- Advising numerous non-profit corporations on governance and compliance matters, including federal income tax exemption, intermediate sanctions, and joint-ventures
- Advising for-profits and non-profit entities on the use of new market tax credits to finance development projects
- Advising one of the world’s largest technology companies on data center development
- Advising numerous high-growth companies on general corporate matters
- Advising accelerators in connection with formation, operation and investment matters, including the Global Insurance Accelerator