Jonathon L. Schroeder
Jonathon is as an associate attorney working in the Ames Office. His general practice includes, but is not limited to, real estate transactions, construction law, business and non-profit formation, and zoning and development law.
Jonathon helps individuals, businesses, lenders, and other clients with:
- real estate title examinations and closings, purchase agreements, and landlord and tenant law
- real estate and construction contract drafting, review, and negotiation
- municipal development and zoning issues
- business formation, reorganization, and dissolution
- non-profit formation and achievement of tax-exempt status
Additionally, Jonathon is available to help clients with other business needs, estate planning, family law, and criminal issues.
PUBLICATIONS, SPEECHES & SEMINARS
- Brick, Matthew S. & Jonathon L. Schroeder, “Iowa,” Employment at Will: A State-By-State Survey (BNA), Melinda J. Caterine ed., 2014 Supp.
Jonathon served as the Assistant City Attorney for the City of Winterset, Iowa, and also represented other municipal clients during his one year at a general practice law firm in Winterset. He completed internships with the Iowa Supreme Court, Brick Gentry P.C., Drake University Legal Clinic-Criminal Defense Clinic and Transactional Clinic, Ahlers & Cooney, P.C., Iowa Legal Aid, and with the City Attorney in Ames, Iowa. Jonathon also held the position of research assistant with Professor Jerry Anderson at Drake University Law School, assisting with research for a property law textbook.