Lori T. Chesser
Lori Chesser is a senior shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm and the chair of the firm's Immigration Department. Lori has been practicing primarily in immigration law in Des Moines for more than 20 years.
Lori assists in both employment- and family-related immigration. Her clients include small and large businesses from many sectors, such as healthcare, IT, insurance, agriculture, higher education, religious and non-profit.
She also represents individuals, including immigrant family members, entrepreneurs and investors, researchers and scientists, and artists and athletes.
She works collaboratively with others in the firm to answer her clients’ employment, taxation, estate planning, corporate structure and compliance questions that involve immigration law aspects.
In addition to her law practice, Lori’s advocacy and community service activities include:
- Co-founding the American Immigration Lawyers Association Iowa/Nebraska Chapter, and serving as its first Chapter Chair.
- Currently chairing the Board of Trustees of the American Immigration Council.
- Advocating for the opening of the Des Moines
Suboffice of the Immigration Service so that Iowa residents would not
need to travel to Omaha for their immigration applications.
- Serving on numerous AILA national committees to both liaise with the government and help form advocacy strategy.
- Helping to organize and maintain local and state-wide grassroots advocacy for positive immigration law reform. She currently chairs the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Immigration Council.
IMMIGRATION Law blogs
Deferred Action Resources