Margaret A. Hanson
Maggie is a member of the firm’s Litigation Division and maintains a general litigation practice including but not limited to work in the areas of business litigation, commercial litigation, employment law, insurance defense, construction litigation, products liability and personal injury. She worked as a Summer Associate at Davis Brown Law Firm in the summer of 2011 and joined the firm in August 2013 as an associate attorney.
Publications, Speeches and Seminars
“From Hire to Fire: Employment Issues for New Employers,” Iowa Brewers’ Guild, November 2016.
- “Drunk, High, and At Risk - Drug Testing and Medical or Not so Medical Marijuana,” Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2016.
- “The Law on Pregnancy Accommodations and Discrimination,” Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2016.
- “Strategies for Defending Unemployment Claims,” Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2015.
- “Independent Contractors and Temporary Workers in Today’s Employment Environment,” Davis Brown Employment Seminar, April 2014.
- 2016 Great Plains Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” Business Litigation.
Maggie received her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Iowa College of Law in May 2013, where she served as the contributing editor for the Iowa Law Review and as the Publicity Chair for the Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity. She was also awarded the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence, was a member of the Organization for Women Law Students and participated in the university’s study abroad law program in Arcachon, France.
In 2010, Maggie earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Iowa, where she studied Cell and Developmental Biology and minored in Spanish. While at Iowa, Maggie was a member of the Honors Program, the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and was a recipient of the Old Gold Scholarship.
In addition, Maggie held the following leadership positions during her undergraduate career—including serving as the Executive Secretary of the University of Iowa Student Government, Chi Omega Sisterhood Committee Chair and Parent’s Club Liaison, Honors Coordinator for the University of Iowa Homecoming Executive Council and Nothing But Nets Executive Board Member.