Michele L. Warnock
Michele is a member of the firm's Litigation Division and maintains a diverse litigation practice and represents both individuals and companies in business litigation matters including, but not limited to, contract disputes, products liability, employment litigation, premises liability, dram shop, motor vehicle accident, probate litigation, workers' compensation and personal injury lawsuits of all kinds.
Michele is licensed to practice in courts of the state of Iowa, as well
as federal court. She tries both jury and non-jury cases, including
- Michele defends employers against claims by former employees of improper termination.
- Michele also represents employers and insurers in workers' compensation matters at the administrative level and beyond.
- She is the firm's in-house resource for Medicare and Medicaid
compliance and its recent impacts on litigated matters.
- She advises clients as to warranty disclaimer matters associated with products liability claims.
- Certified Payment Processing v. Mavinga: Complete Defense decision. Prevailed on summary judgement against claims of intentional interference with a contract and conspiracy to breach fiduciary duties.
- C & J Management Corp. v. FirstLease: Complete
Defense Verdict after an eight day trial in favor of a leasing company
against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, conversion, unjust
enrichment, breach of fiduciary duties, and conspiracy.
- Sak v. City of Aurelia, United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa, successfully defended the Americans with Disabilities Act against breed-specific legislation by obtaining a permanent settlement agreement allowing a disabled man to keep his "pit bull" service dog.
- Buland v. Ames Community Bank: Complete Defense Verdict. Defended Ames Community Bank over the course of a two-day trial against claims of breach of contract.