Thomas E. Stanberry
Tom is a shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm and is a member of the Business Division. His practice involves banking, governmental relations and lobbying, finance and securities.
As a full-time lobbyist, Tom works with a variety of organizations
during the annual session of the Iowa General Assembly. In his
non-government relations practice, Tom advises banks, other financial
institutions and developers on financial transactions, regulatory
matters and corporate governance issues.
Davis Brown Government Relations Report Blog
- Advising real estate developers on financing structures,
including federal historic tax credits, Iowa historic tax credits, New
Market Tax Credits and Community Development Block Grant funds.
- Advising multiple affordable housing sponsors on financings involving low income housing tax credits.
- Representing a state-wide organization in lobbying a change to
state law which impacted several hundred employers in communities
- Advising banking clients on unique tax credit bridge lending structure and other financing matters.
- Providing boards of directors with guidance on corporate governance issues.
- Representing individual board members during the sale of a company.