Thomas E. Stanberry
Tom is a shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm and a member of the Business Division. His practice involves banking, governmental relations and lobbying and finance.
As a multi-client lobbyist, Tom works with a variety of organizations during the annual session of the Iowa General Assembly. In his non-government relations practice, Tom advises insurance companies, banks, and other financial institutions on financial transactions, regulatory matters and general corporate issues.
- Advises mutual and stock insurance companies and holding companies on acquisitions and mergers.
- Advises mutual insurance companies on the issuance of guaranty capital and surplus notes.
- Advises banks and other financial institutions on financing structures, including federal historic tax credits, Iowa historic tax credits, New Market Tax Credits and Community Development Block Grant funds.
- Represents insurance companies during the administrative rule making process before the State agency and Administration Rules Review Committee.
- Represented a state-wide organization in lobbying a change to State law which impacted several hundred employers in communities throughout Iowa.
- Successfully lobbies bills related to insurance and municipal issues before the Iowa General Assembly.
- Advises banking clients on unique tax credit bridge lending structure.
- Provides boards of directors with guidance on corporate governance issues.
- Represents individual board members during the sale of a company.