Davis, Brown Law Firm is proud to announce the recent election of David Erickson to the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.
Membership in A.C.R.E.L. is by invitation only; there is accordingly no application process. Prospective members are elected by the membership at large only after nomination initiated by existing College members. Nomination must be based on an outstanding professional reputation and demonstrated ability in the field of real estate law. It must also be based on at least 10 years of substantial experience in real estate law and substantial contributions to the improvement of real estate law and practice, and creating a more informed bar and public in these matters, through writing, teaching, bar or legislative activities or other public service.
The purpose of the College is to gather together lawyers distinguished for their skill, experience and high standards of professional and ethical conduct in the practice of real estate law, who will contribute substantially to the accomplishments, achievements and good fellowship of the College and to the best interests of the bar and the general public through the fulfillment of objectives of the College, which specifically include:
- To promote high standards of professional and ethical responsibility in the practice of real estate law;
- To seek to improve and reform real estate law and practice;
- To make available to the bar and to the public authoritative educational materials in the field of real estate law;
- To inform the membership of the most current developments in various aspects of real estate law and practice;
- To address issues of importance to real estate law and practice by participating in law reform matters and legislative, administrative and judicial initiatives when appropriate; and
- To cooperate and consult with national, state and local bar organizations, government agencies and other groups which have an interest in real estate law and practice.
David Erickson practices primarily in the area of general real estate law. David represents lenders, developers and business organizations. David is a member of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys and the Iowa State Bar Association (Real Estate and Title Law Section) where he currently serves as Chair of the Section. David is also a member of the Iowa State Board of Corrections, and is member of the City of West Des Moines Board of Adjustment. David is also a member of the Title Standards Committee of the Iowa State Bar Association.
David graduated from Drake University in 1975 with a degree in History and a law degree in 1979, with honors. David is a member of the Order of the Coif and has been named in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA. He is a graduate of the Greater Des Moines Leadership Class, 2005.