Intellectual Property Law
For more than 20 years, the patent attorneys of the Davis Brown Law Firm have advised biotechnology clients on matters such as patent prosecution, freedom to operate and patentability, assisting with complex licensing and managing their patent portfolios.
Davis Brown's Intellectual Property Department includes highly experienced patent attorneys who are focused on all aspects of biotechnology - including work in the areas of animal sciences, medical devices, agricultural innovations, swine virus identification and vaccine technologies and human and animal food additives. Our clients range from large life sciences companies to university spin-offs and technology transfer offices.
With advanced degrees in fields such as microbiology, neuroscience, molecular biology and immunology, plus the technical sophistication, practical business experience and a firm understanding of the biotechnology industry, Davis Brown is positioned to help clients identify, protect and manage their key assets from concept to market.
In addition, in collaboration with the firm's business attorneys, our IP attorneys provide general counsel on matters including business formation, health law, financing, taxation, mergers and acquisitions, real property acquisition and lease negotiation and compensation and benefits.
Areas of Expertise
- Swine virus identification and vaccine technologies;
- High throughput molecular identification systems and animal cloning technologies;
- Bio-engineering of organisms to produce food and dietary supplement ingredients;
- Gene constructs and promoters;
- Crop seed and plant treatments and related delivery systems; and
- Human food and animal feed products and dietary supplements.
Biofuels, Chemistry and Materials
- Novel chemicals and chemical processes, including biodegradable plastics and thermoset epoxy polymers derived from renewable resources; and,
- Biofuel technology, including ethanol production systems; corn oil isolation systems.