The American College of Trust & Estate Counsel (ACTEC) has just released its newest tool, and it is free. The ACTEC Wealth Advisor application for iPad® is now available for complimentary download via the Apple App Store. Alternatively, you can also visit the Apple App Store on your iPad and type in 'ACTEC'.
ACTEC Wealth Advisor provides mobile access to a concise suite of ACTEC tools targeted to enhance financial advisor services and to provide interesting information to clients and other individuals.
The app includes relevant tax rates and calculators, convenient access to frequently-cited estate planning statutes presented in state-by-state summaries, a directory of ACTEC Fellows and insightful articles that examine developing trust and estate issues.
Use ACTEC Wealth Advisor app for iPad to:
- Search for ACTEC Fellows, the leading trust and estate practitioners in the U.S. and abroad (ACTEC Roster 2012-2013)
- Access frequently-cited estate planning statutes presented in state-by-state summaries (Death Tax Tables, Domestic Asset Protection Trust Statutes, No Contest Clauses, Rule Against Perpetuities, UPIA and Modern Portfolio Trust Investment Statutes, States with Decanting Statutes Passed or Proposed, Bases of State Income Taxation of Nongrantor Trusts)
- Reference AFR ("Applicable Federal Interest Rate") and 7520 Rates (Includes the applicable federal interest rates, the adjusted federal short-term, mid-term and long-term rate, the adjusted federal long-term tax-exempt rate, and the Section 7520 rate. Rates as prescribed by section 1274 of the Internal Revenue Code.)
- Calculate "GRATs" (Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts)
- Monitor trust and estate developments in Washington, D.C., and across the country (Capital Letters by Ronald D. Aucutt and Musings on Current Events by Stephen R. Akers)
Dave Brown attorneys Bruce Campbell, Tom Houser and I are members of the ACTEC, an international organization of attorneys who practice in the area of trust and estate law. There are approximately 2,600 fellows of the College; its work has always included educating our clients and affiliated professionals about the field of trust and estate law.