Firm attorneys and support personnel have a shared commitment to providing Exceptional Client Service (ECS™). In furtherance of that commitment, the firm has developed a statement of guiding principles setting forth what we believe to be our clients' legitimate expectations of us. We are dedicated to meeting those expectations. Accordingly, these expectations are intended to shape our delivery of services. Perhaps somewhat unique is the designation of a Client Services Director whose function it is to receive and respond to client concerns and elicit suggestions about how we can perform even better.
The ECS™ principles follow:
- You and your employees will be treated courteously and with respect.
- We understand the importance of being accessible and responsive. Your telephone calls will be accepted or returned as soon as possible; if you leave a message, an attorney, paralegal or an assistant will return your phone call on or before the next business day, absent extraordinary circumstances.
- You deserve personal attention from all members of your legal team. The appropriate attorneys, paralegals and administrative assistants will be knowledgeable about your matter and available to assist you. If the person you call is not available, you will be given the option to speak to a person instead of leaving a voicemail message.
- You should be kept fully informed of all developments in your case and consulted about all important decisions. You will be updated about the progress of your project and will receive copies of relevant correspondence, pleadings, proposals, and documents.
- Your expectation of prompt service should be met. If requested, we will work with you to produce timelines for your engagement, and will meet the goals provided in those timelines.
- We will bill for our services in a fair, accurate, and timely manner. Our invoices will describe the services provided in the degree of detail you request, and will be sent monthly or as otherwise agreed. Questions about bills will be answered promptly.
- We will always be available to discuss openly and frankly with you any issues or concerns you have about your case or our service. If you are unable to resolve your concerns with those working with you, you should contact our Client Services Director, Jo Ellen Whitney, at 515-288-2500.
Our dedication to these principles is also demonstrated by our long-term client relationships that are based on respect and understanding of our clients' business values and goals. Listed below are a few comments graciously espoused by GROWMARK, Inc. as part of its periodic evaluation of the firm:
"I'm very pleased with Davis Brown's performance as our "go to" regional law firm in the state of Iowa. They are generally regarded as one of Iowa's top law firms, yet their rates are reasonable and their efficiency is commendable."
"Davis Brown lets us know that they value GROWMARK and its members as clients, and we really appreciate that. Both we and Davis Brown are committed to getting together in person on a regular basis to discuss projects and also to strengthen our relationship."