Davis, Brown, Koehn, Shors & Roberts is one of Iowa's largest law firms with a rich tradition of legal service to clients.
- The law firm began in 1929 when District Judge George Brammer left the bench and returned to the practice of law with his friend Joseph Brody. The firm grew even during the depths of the Great Depression, and by the end of the 1930s the firm had expanded to eight lawyers - a large firm for the time.
- Upon the death of Judge Brammer in 1949, the firm became known as the Brody Firm and was so known until 1965 when the firm changed its name to Thoma, Schoenthal, Davis, Hockenberg & Wine. Thus began the modern era of the firm and a period of steady growth.
- In 1974 the firm grew to 40 attorneys and moved to the Financial Center, which was Des Moines' first high-rise office building.
- In the 1980s the firm's name was changed to Davis, Hockenberg, Wine, Brown, Koehn & Shors, P.C. and in the 1990s the firm's name was changed again to Davis, Brown, Koehn, Shors & Roberts, P.C.
- In 2001, the firm opened a second office in West Des Moines. Located in the Highland Building at 4201 Westown Pkwy, Ste. 300, the office houses seven of the firm's attorneys, paralegals and support staff.
- The firm adopted the trade name, Davis Brown Law Firm, in 2007 and in 2008, moved into the Davis Brown Tower, located at 215 10th St. in downtown Des Moines.
- The firm's opened its third location in Ames, Iowa in December 2011. The Ames Office is located at 2605 Northridge Pkwy. in the Village of Somerset.
- In 2012, the firm opened a fourth office in Emmetsburg, Iowa. Located at 2214 Main Street in Emmetsburg, Iowa, the office is staffed by Sean Solberg, patent attorney.