Six Davis Brown shareholders, Bill Boatwright, Bruce Campbell, David Erickson, Gene La Suer, Sharon Malheiro and Jo Ellen Whitney, have been selected as central Iowa's "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America® 2013. Best Lawyers designates just one "Lawyer of the Year" from each specialty area in each community. Since 2011, the number of Davis Brown lawyers to receive this honor has doubled.
- Bill Boatwright - Des Moines Non-Profit / Charities Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Bruce Campbell - Des Moines Litigation - Trusts & Estates "Lawyer of the Year"
- David Erickson - Des Moines Litigation - Real Estate "Lawyer of the Year"
- Gene La Suer - Des Moines Labor Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year"
- Sharon K. Malheiro - Des Moines Employment Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year"
- Jo Ellen Whitney - Des Moines Health Care Law "Lawyer of the Year"
Nominations for the award are based on peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.