On Friday, Nov. 16, from 1-5 p.m., the Davis Brown Law Firm will host the Annual Fiduciary Litigation Seminar.
Join us as we examine current developments in and strategies for trust and estate fiduciaries to reduce their exposure to litigation. Our Fiduciary Litigation Team will address various issues found in the Iowa Probate Code, the Iowa Trust Code, the Uniform Principal and Income Acts, the Prudent Investor Act and related tax issues.
- Case Law Update
Fiduciary accounting issues in light of In Re Trimble
NOTE: The Iowa Trust Association joined the appeal of this case. Supreme Court oral arguments will take place two days before the seminar. Hear the latest on this important case.
- A trap for the unwary - the doctrine of virtual representation and the role of unborn beneficiaries
- Terminating trusts in light of Claflin
- Potential liability for estate taxes paid in installments (IRS § 6166)
Issues with jointly held accounts
- The fiduciary exception to the attorney client privilege
- Discussion of discretionary distribution standards (HEMS)
- Scrivener's errors and ambiguities in a will
- Legislative forecast (our prognostications after the election)
Presenters will include:
The registration fee is $65, which includes all program materials, heavy hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. Continuing education credits have been applied for. Registration will close on Friday, Nov. 9 or when capacity is reached.
For more information about the program, please contact Megan Jorgensen at 515-246- 7975 or