Davis Brown attorneys Jo Ellen Whitney, Deborah Tharnish, Michele Warnock, and Tara Hall, will lead an FMLA Master Class hosted by HR Hero on Thursday, May 14, at the Courtyard Hotel in Ankeny.
This daylong seminar will offer sessions designed to enhance the knowledge base of HR professionals in areas related to FMLA. Topics include:
- How to judge a “serious health condition” the way a real judge would, and eliminate disputes about what does and doesn’t constitute it
- The latest revisions to FMLA, so you don’t risk noncompliance
- What recent FMLA court decisions really mean, so you can adjust your policies accordingly
- Why FMLA recordkeeping continues to trip up even the savviest human resource managers, and some solutions to avoid similar mistakes
- How to help tame the intermittent leave and reduced schedule beasts, and put a stop to abuse and fraud
- How FMLA, ADA, and state worker’s comp laws overlap, so you can avoid violations
If you are interested in attending the conference, you can learn more on the HR Hero website. Davis Brown clients can register with a discount; contact Christen Bain to get your discount code.