Craig O. Sieverding
Craig is a shareholder at the Davis Brown Law Firm where he focuses on providing regulatory, transactional, and litigation counsel to clients in the health care field.
Craig joined the Davis Brown Law Firm in February 2014. As a member of the firm’s Health Law Department, he represents a wide variety of health care providers, including health systems, hospitals, long-term care facilities, and home health care agencies, on regulatory and compliance, medical staff, licensing, internal audits and investigations, government investigations, data privacy and security, contracting, and reimbursement matters.
- Represent health care providers in corporate formation / business organization and strategic business arrangements, including joint ventures, clinical management agreements, and co-management agreements
- Represent hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies and other providers in connection with federal and state investigations and enforcement actions, including fraud investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
- Represent health care providers in connection with regulatory and compliance matters, including the reporting and returning of overpayments, management of medical staff, and federal and state survey actions
- Represent physicians, other health care providers, and other professionals before licensing boards on proposed licensure actions
SEMINARS, LECTURES, Presentations
- “HIPAA Privacy and Security Requirements and Enforcement Trends,” Central Iowa ARMA, December 2016.
- “Privacy and Confidentiality of Mental Health Records,” PESI Mental Health and the Law Seminar, November 2016.
- “Anatomy of Internal Investigations,” Drake University Skills Seminar Course, August 2016.
- “Compliance Topics,” Health System Compliance Training, June 2016.
- “Roundtable: Who Got Billed for the Bedbugs? What Got Posted on the Website? A Quick Roundup of Frequently Asked Questions and Hot Topics in Health Care Law,” Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2016.
- “Managed Care Contracting,” Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2016.
- "Laws and Legal Consequences of Boundary Violations, Part II," Webinar, Iowa Chiropractic Society, April 2016.
- "Current Compliance & Government Fraud Concerns in Home Health - Lessons from 2015," Webinar, Iowa Alliance of Home Care, March 2016.
- "Ethical and Legal Guidelines of Professional Boundaries, Part I," Webinar, Iowa Chiropractic Society, March 2016.
- "Hospital Board Governance with Credentialing Decisions," Health System Credentialing Office and CEO Training, October 2015.
- "340B Omnibus Guidance - What Changes May Come," Health System Pharmacist Training, October 2015.
- “Privacy & Confidentiality of Mental Health Records,” PESI/Iowa Mental Health and the Law 2015, October 2015.
- An Update on the Law and How to Avoid Claims,” Iowa State Bar
Association Corporate Counsel/Trade Regulation Seminar, September 2015.
- “Board Compliance,” Hospital Board Training, August 2015.
- “OIG Fraud Investigation and Whistleblower Risk,” Nursing Facility Training, June 2015.
- “HIPAA/Social Media,” Nursing Facility Training, June 2015.
Can’t We All Just Get Along - Provider Issues from Staff Interactions
to Licensure Rules,” Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2015.
- “Affordable Care Act: 10 Things to Watch in 2015,” Davis Brown Health Law Seminar November 2014.
- “Fraud and Abuse - Year in Review,” Davis Brown Health Law Seminar November 2014.
HIPAA Final Rule & Impact on Privacy/Confidentiality of Mental
Health Records,” PESI/Iowa Mental Health & the Law, November 2014.
- “HIPAA Privacy Overview,” Iowa Valley Continuing Education/Nurse Aide Instructor Update Conference 2014, August 2014.
- “Compliance Essentials for Hospital Board and Leadership,” Hospital Board Training, June 2014.
- “Health IT & Care Coordination (& Health Reform),” Telligen/10th Annual Iowa e-Health Summit, June 2014