Craig O. Sieverding
Craig is a shareholder at the Davis Brown Law Firm where he focuses on providing regulatory, transactional, and litigation counsel to clients in the health care field.
Craig joined the Davis Brown Law Firm in February 2014. As a member of the firm’s Health Law Department, he represents a wide variety of health care providers,
including health systems, hospitals, long-term care facilities, health care
management companies, pharmacies, and billing companies. He provides counsel on health care regulatory
and compliance matters, including fraud and abuse laws; Medicare and Medicaid
enrollment and reimbursement; internal and external investigations; 340B Drug
Discount Program; professional licensing/certification matters; and HIPAA and
other data privacy and security laws and regulations. He also providers counsel on general
corporate matters including contracting, commercial transactions, corporate
governance, and risk management.
- Represent health care providers in corporate formation / business organization and strategic business arrangements, including joint ventures, asset purchase agreements, and clinical management/co-management agreements.
- Represent health care providers in connection with federal and state enforcement and administrative sanctions, including fraud investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and suspension of payments and/or participation by the Iowa Department of Human Services.
- Represent health care providers in post-payment audits and similar administrative actions by commercial and government payors, including RAC/UPIC audits and Medicaid managed care denials.
- Represent health care providers in connection with regulatory and compliance matters, including the reporting and returning of overpayments, management of medical staff, and federal and state survey actions.
- Represent physicians, other individual health care providers, and other professionals before state licensing boards on investigations and contested case actions
Prior to joining Davis Brown, Craig served as an assistant general counsel to a health care system and practiced in a national law firm with a focus on litigation in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He also worked as an Assistant Attorney General in the Office of the Iowa Attorney General in Des Moines, Iowa with a focus on consumer protection.
Throughout his career, Craig has devoted time and effort to providing free legal services to certain clients serve the public good. Craig has recently volunteered his time to support the Iowa Legal Aid Health and Law Project, which helps address legal issues that may impact an individual’s health and access to health care.
- 2018 The Best Lawyers in America© - Health Care Law
- 2015 Great Plains Super Lawyers "Rising Star," Health Law