Frank J. Carroll
Frank is a senior shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm. As a member of the Business Division, he has a general practice in, but not limited to, business organizations and transactions, mergers & acquisitions and tax.
Frank's broad corporate experience includes negotiating acquisitions,
joint venture relationships and investments made by venture capital
firms. He drafts, reviews and analyzes contracts for businesses in
various industries and of various sizes. His practice also includes
planning tax consequences for taxable and tax-free acquisitions and
other numerous and varied business transactions.
Frank is a past president of the Iowa State Bar Association and has served on the Board of Governors. He is a member of the American Bar Association's Business Law and Taxation Sections, is the past chair the Iowa State Bar Association Business Law Section
and the Corporate Counsel Section and was highly involved in the Limited
Liability Company Committee in 1993 wherein the Iowa Limited Liability
Company Act was drafted. He was also involved in the For Profit Corporation Committee which reviewed amendments to the Iowa Business Corporation Act (2001-2002).
- Currently representing one of the largest energy holdings companies in the U.S.with a $1.9 billion dollar wind project that will result in wind turbines in five Iowa counties and a projected 1,050 megawatts of power in the state by 2015.
- Represented a multi-state home healthcare provider in connection with the formation of a multi-million dollar joint-venture with another multi-state home healthcare provider thereby enabling both to expand their scope and depth of operations.Represented a leading developer and manager of assisted living communities in two multi-million dollar joint
ventures with a REITs relating to the ownership and operation of an
independent living/assisted living project and a memory care housing project respectively.
- Represented one of the largest energy holdings companies in the U.S. in a proposed multi-million dollar acquisition of a solar project and a wind farm.
Represented one of the oldest commercial general contractors in the United States in the sale of its construction business to leading international construction contractor.
Represented a leading developer and manager of assisted living communities in the proposed multi-million dollar acquisition of a senior housing facility.
Represented a leading injection and micro molding company in a buy-out of a private equity fund.
- Represented the second largest crop underwriter in North America,
in the sale of more than $1 billion in stock to a subsidiary of a
global publicly traded insurance company.
- Represented a leading developer and manager of continuing care,
assisted living retirement communities in the acquisition of
substantially all assets of a privately-held company with expertise in
continuing care retirement communities.
- Represented a national seed producer in the sale of its equity interests.
- Represented a leading RV manufacturer of Class A and Class C motor
homes in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a
manufacturer of towable recreational vehicles.
- Represented a Midwestern supplier of construction materials in the sale of its stock to a privately held company.
- Represented a manufacturer and marketer of soybean seeds and
products in the sale of some of its assets to a subsidiary of a large
- Represented a privately-held hybrid seed company in the sale of
substantially all of its assets to a subsidiary of a large chemical
- Represented a developer of nutritional products in the sale of some
of its assets and intellectual property to a pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a frozen food servicing company in the sale of its assets to a subsidiary of Marzetti Foods.
- Represented senior health care facility in the sale of its assets to Foundation Properties.
- Represented a seed company in the sale of its various divisions to separate purchasers.