Kelsey K. Crosse
Kelsey is an associate attorney at the Davis Brown Law Firm. She is a trial lawyer in the firm’s Litigation Division with an emphasis in the areas of employment law and general litigation such as business litigation, commercial litigation, insurance defense and family law. Kelsey zealously represents her clients in both state and federal court and counsels them on how to minimize their liability exposure prior to and during litigation.
Kelsey works out of the Des Moines and Ames offices, serving clients in Polk county, Story county, and various other counties throughout the state of Iowa.
In her employment practice, Kelsey advises employers on various employment related issues such as hiring and background checks, discipline, termination, discrimination, harassment, breach of contract/non-compete agreements, and wage and hour issues. She also represents employers in unemployment benefit hearings.
She also drafts workplace policies and employee handbooks to ensure that her clients comply with state and federal laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Title VII. Kelsey is a frequent speaker and author on national and state employment issues.
PUBLICATIONS, SPEECHES & SEMINARS
- Breaking Up is Hard to Do, Madison County Employer's Council of Iowa, June 2016.
- Recharging Batteries or A Revolving Door? Preventing Misuse and Abuse of Employee Leave, Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2016.
- Discipline Do’s, Don’ts, and Shouldn’ts, Iowa Tourism Leadership Institute, April 2016.
- Recharging Batteries or a Revolving Door? Preventing Misuse and Abuse of Employee Leave, Iowa Employment Conference, April 2016.
- Social Media in the Workplace, 24th Annual CI-SHRM Legal and Legislative Conference, February 2016.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act - What You Need to Know & Why, Iowa Health Care Association, December 2015.
- “It’s time for Walmart to roll back its approach to workplace violence,” Iowa Employment Law Letter, Vol. 22, No. 7, November 2015.
- Religious & Ethnic Issues in the Workplace, Central Iowa SHRM, October 2015.
- Why is Your Business if I’m Pregnant? Maternal and Child Health and Family Planning Seminar, Iowa Department of Public Health, September 2015.
- When Good Policies Go Bad - Handbook Pitfalls and Best Practices, Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2015.
- What Crawled Out From Under the Rock? Background Checks and Due Diligence, Davis Brown Employment Law Seminar, April 2014.
- New Rules: Expedited Trial and Discovery Changes, Iowa State Bar Association Webinar, January 2015.
- "Employee Privacy Laws: Iowa," Practical Law Company, January 2014.