Mitch A. Maahs
Mitch in an associate attorney at the Davis Brown Law Firm. He is a member of the firm’s Business Division and maintains a general business practice with a focus on business transactions, business organizations, and tax. Mitch has represented clients in the following practice areas:
- Formation, day-to-day operation, reorganization, and wind-up of business entities and joint ventures.
- The sale or purchase of businesses in stock transactions, asset transactions, and mergers.
- Federal and state tax credits, including federal and state Historic Tax Credits, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, and other Iowa tax credits including Renewable Energy Tax Credits, Workforce Housing Tax Credits, and various other Investment Tax Credits.
- Federal and state income tax and sales/use tax controversies.
- Organizational and tax matters of tax-exempt organizations.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various business contracts and agreements.
During the summer of 2013, he worked as a Summer Associate at the firm. Mitch also has passed the CPA examination.
Mitch received his Juris Doctorate degree with high distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law in May 2014, where he served as Senior Articles Editor for Iowa’s Journal of Corporation Law. While attending law school he received several awards including the ALI/CLE Scholarship and Leadership Award, and Awards for Academic Excellence in Contracts, Federal Income Tax, Corporate Finance, and Nonprofit & Philanthropic Organizations. Mitch was also elected to the Order of the Coif.
In 2011, Mitch graduated summa cum laude and earned a double degree in Accounting and Economics from the University of Northern Iowa.