Abhay M. Nadipuram
Abhay’s tactful approach during litigation gives his clients confidence and ease during what can be a stressful time. He helps individuals and businesses in a variety of litigation, including insurance defense, construction, real estate, professional liability, commercial and business litigation, agricultural-related litigation, lemon law, administrative law, and municipal law.
Abhay represents his clients vigorously both inside and outside of state, federal, and administrative courtrooms. He recently:
- Obtained a defense verdict for an award-winning Iowa home builder in a lawsuit brought by a homeowner for failing to abide by the terms of a settlement agreement to repair the homeowners’ deck.
- Obtained several settlements in insurance defense personal injury lawsuits on behalf of individuals and corporations, including a favorable settlement for a global agribusiness company in a personal injury lawsuit brought by an individual who was struck by one of the company’s vehicles.
- Prosecuted municipal infractions on behalf of two eastern Iowa cities for over two years, receiving dozens of guilty verdicts.
- Represented a Fortune 100 automobile manufacturer in lemon law disputes.
- Successfully persuaded the Iowa District Court to overturn a final decision made by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) that denied certain home health benefits to an Iowa Medicaid member.
PRESENTATIONS & Publications
- “The Iowa Basics of Attorney-Client Privilege and Attorney Work Product,” Webinar, Iowa State Bar Association, October 2017.
- Case Law Update, Iowa Defense Counsel Association, Annual Meeting, September 2015
- Case Law Update, Iowa Defense Counsel Association, Annual Meeting, September 2014
- “Is the OECD the Answer? It’s Only Part of the Solution,” 38 J. Corp. L 635 (2013), Journal of Corporation Law, 38th ed, University of Iowa