Abhay M. Nadipuram
Abhay’s tactful approach during litigation gives his individual and business clients confidence and ease during what can be a stressful time. He helps his clients with a variety of litigation, including insurance defense, construction, real estate, professional liability, commercial and business litigation, agricultural-related litigation, lemon law, administrative law, and municipal law.
Abhay represents his clients both inside and outside of state, federal, and administrative courtrooms. He recently:
- Obtained a defense verdict for an Iowa home builder in a lawsuit brought by a homeowner for failing to abide by the terms of a settlement agreement to repair the homeowner’s deck
- Obtained several settlements in insurance defense personal injury lawsuits on behalf of individuals and corporations, including a favorable settlement for a global agribusiness company in a personal injury lawsuit brought by an individual who was struck by one of the company’s vehicles
- Received voluntarily dismissals from plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits after filing motions for summary judgment based on the Public Duty Doctrine
- Defended a general contractor in two different construction matters involving multiple parties and combined damages of over $3 million
- Prosecuted municipal infractions on behalf of two eastern Iowa cities for over two years, receiving dozens of guilty verdicts
- Represented a Fortune 100 automobile manufacturer in lemon law disputes
- Successfully persuaded the Iowa District Court to overturn a final decision made by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) that denied certain home health benefits to an Iowa Medicaid member
PRESENTATIONS & Publications
- Pun Love or Blatant Theft, with Kassie Ricklefs and Matt Warner-Blankenship, Iowa Brewers Education Seminar and Tippling, November 2019.
- I AM HERE: Diversity in Law School and the Legal Profession, Panelist, University of Iowa College of Law, October 2019.
- Uncomfortable Conversations about Legal Education, Student Debt, Diversity, and More, with Maggie White, Kyle McEntee, Kyle Fry, and Jerry Anderson, American Bar Association Annual Meeting, August 2019.
- Employee Recruiting: You Can’t Always Get What You Want, with Jo Ellen Whitney, Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2018.
- The Iowa Basics of Attorney-Client Privilege and Attorney Work Product, Webinar, Iowa State Bar Association, October 2017.
- Case Law Update, Iowa Defense Counsel Association, Annual Meeting, September 2014 and 2015
- “Is the OECD the Answer? It’s Only Part of the Solution,” 38 J. Corp. L 635 (2013), Journal of Corporation Law, 38th ed, University of Iowa
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2019 Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Civil Litigation: Defense. First recognized in 2018.