Barry J. Nadler
Barry is an experienced attorney who can offer his clients practical advice from the perspective of both a business owner and legal advisor. He has practiced law for over 28 years and has also owned, and for over a decade managed multiple businesses.
As a business owner, Barry has personally experienced the impact of legal issues on important transactions. He understands the key role attorneys serve, identifying critical issues and potential risks, but also knows when haggling over small points in a contract will not make a difference.
Barry is good at solving complicated problems. His goal is to help clients make the business decisions that will make their lives easier, particularly when it comes to selling their business to a larger company. Not only has he performed these transactions as an attorney, but as a business owner who sold his company to a Fortune 50 company. Barry can help owners negotiate the contracts to achieve their goals and coach them through the transition once the sale is complete.
Before owning and operating his own businesses, Barry practiced law in Ames and Des Moines, Iowa. During that time, he often worked on SEC Regulation D offerings and helped sell:
- Iowa Pizza Hut franchises to PepsiCo
- Ames/Boone radio station to Learfield Communications
- Pizza topping manufacturer to Hormel
- Multiple private company sales
While away from the law, Barry focused on business for 12 years and:
- Assisted Caremoli, Italy in the acquisition of real estate and the construction of a state of the art grain and legume processing facility in Ames, Iowa
- Served as CEO of Caremoli, USA, a large food science company, which produced a complex blend for Barilla Pasta and other food ingredients to natioanal and international food companies
- Acquired Soy Innovations from Triple F, Inc. and transitioned that company into Harvest Innovations, a large food science company and the U.S. leader in naturally produced cereal, grain and legume products
- Served as President of Harvest Innovations for 10 years
- Negotiated the sale of Harvest Innovations to Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) and oversaw the two-year transition from a privately owned closely held company to part of a Fortune 50 company
Before taking a break from the practice of law to run and grow businesses, Barry was an active litigator. He practiced at two law offices in Des Moines and Ames working with clients in various personal and business litigation matters, securities transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.