Christopher S. Talcott
Chris is a real estate and business attorney helping clients across Iowa with a variety of projects including commercial and residential real estate, business entity formation and operations, mergers and acquisitions, telecommunications, and large-scale wind energy projects.
Chris is also experienced in assisting clients in large scale due diligence projects, data privacy and confidentiality agreements, and gaming law.
He maintains a general real estate practice, encompassing all aspects of both commercial and residential transactions. This practice includes representing:
- lenders and borrowers in reviewing and drafting commercial loan transaction documentation and opinions
- lenders in residential and commercial foreclosure actions
- buyers and sellers in residential and commercial transactions where he assists with negotiation of the purchase agreement, due diligence, and title examination and closing services
Chris also provides general counsel to residential and commercial landlords and commercial tenants.
Business Organizations and Transactions
Chris’s business practice includes business entity formations and general counsel in operations and governance; assistance with negotiation, drafting, and implementation of joint venture agreements and entity and asset sales; and general contract review, drafting, and negotiation assistance.
Chris provides general counsel to telecommunications companies throughout Iowa, including assistance in Iowa Utilities Board and Federal Communications Commission regulatory matters. Chris often helps telecommunication companies with their shareholder relations, organizational documents, regulatory and operational matters, and general contracting needs.
Leads a real estate due diligence team helping one of the largest energy holdings companies in the U.S. with a $3.6 billion wind project that will result in wind turbines in more than five Iowa counties and a projected 2,000 megawatts of power in the state by 2019, enough to power 840,000 Iowa homes.
Represents a hospitality company, assisting with sales, acquisitions, equity raises, financing, construction and development, and joint ventures.
- Iowa Real Estate Law and Practice, co-author with David M. Erickson, Thomson Reuters, updated annually.
- Iowa Methods of Practice, contributing author, Thomson Reuters, updated annually.