Corrin N. Hatala
Corrin joined Davis Brown in 2018 with a practice in the business division. Corrin assists business owners in all facets and phases of their operations. She advises on:
- entity formation
- start-up consultations
- corporate structure
- contract drafting
- debt and equity financing
- various business transactions
Business owners rely on Corrin’s mergers and acquisitions experience and advice when they are considering growing, expanding, or exiting the business. She manages and supports M&A transactions beginning with due diligence through document drafting and execution, ranging from a highly regulated, $100 million change-in-control transaction, to start-up acquisition transactions.
She also works with businesses needing advice about debt and securities. Corrin provides assistance and advice to clients in the development of securities offerings, reporting compliance, and other SEC-related matters.
As a support to these businesses, Corrin assists with employment-based immigration matters owners face when hiring foreign-born talent including petitions for visas including H-1B, H-2A, and L-1 as well as J-1 visa waiver requests. Corrin also advises employers with regard to I-9 compliance.
- Assisted a technology start-up company with Series A financing, related filings, and inventor-related issues.
- Represented a manufacturing business in the purchase of an ancillary-market company, conducting due diligence, negotiating terms, drafting transactional documents, and facilitating closing.
- Assisted a software company with the negotiation and drafting of documents for various international transactions, both with non-U.S. companies and foreign governmental entities.
- Represented a service-based company with regard to ICE I-9 inspection and various immigration compliance matters.
- Advised a large agricultural production operation on H-2A program set-up and compliance, H-2A audits, and Department of Labor audits.
- Represented a large-scale wind energy company in relation to various purchases, sales, and financings of wind turbine farms.