Elizabeth R. Meyer
Elizabeth is a shareholder, Chair of the Fiduciary Litigation Department, and member of the firm’s Board of Directors.
Elizabeth maintains a varied litigation practice in both state and federal court, with a focus on the following:
- Construction law and litigation, including representation of design professionals and contractors, and mechanic’s lien litigation;
- Probate, estate, fiduciary, and trust litigation, including prosecution and defense of will contests;
- Commercial and business litigation, including contract and collections litigation;
- Insurance coverage;
- Products liability defense;
- Insurance defense, including fire causation and other property damage litigation; and
Elizabeth regularly appears before the courts, handling matters through trial. In her litigation work, Elizabeth has represented Fortune 500 companies, national and local financial institutions, agricultural companies, small businesses, and individuals.
Her successes for clients and representative engagements include the following:
- Successfully resolved will contest dispute over estate in excess of $15 million;
- Obtained dismissal of claims for numerous defense clients through summary judgment in insurance defense, employment, products liability, and commercial contract cases;
- Successfully mediated or otherwise resolved numerous construction litigation matters involving claims against design professionals;
- Obtained judgments or desirable settlements on behalf of clients in collection disputes;
- Obtained summary judgment for insurance client in multi-party accident coverage dispute;
- Successfully represented clients in numerous administrative proceedings relating to unemployment benefits and OSHA citations; and
- Successfully arbitrated matter before FINRA arbitration panel.