Frank J. Carroll
"One of the finest corporate attorneys in the state and the go-to guy for complex corporate and tax matters."
-Chambers USA, Reference Feedback
Frank Carroll is senior corporate attorney with over 45 years of experience helping his clients merge and acquire, create joint ventures relationships, and negotiate venture capital investments. Clients of various sizes and industries - including healthcare, senior housing, financial institutions, and energy request Frank’s assistance with drafting, reviewing, and analyzing their business contracts.
He regularly provides advice on corporate transactions and corporate benefit matters. As companies consider expansion through acquisition, they consult Frank for advice on planning tax consequences for taxable and tax-free acquisitions as well as other varied business transactions.
Frank began his career as a CPA at Arthur Young and understands taxes from the perspective of both an accountant and a legal advisor for businesses. He has been instrumental in a number of tax reform efforts in the state of Iowa including the Iowa Limited Liability Company Act and the Iowa Business Corporation Act. His efforts advocating for small business owners across the state advanced the position of businesses in tax policy gaining a fairer position.
“A wealth of experience and a well-deserved reputation, particularly in dealing with corporate transactions and corporate benefit matters"
-Chambers USA, Reference Feedback
- Convenience food service products distributor - successfully led a highly complex $175 million transaction with many unique issues and concerns, requiring creative and thoughtful approaches critical to the finalization of the transaction and maximizing the client’s shareholder value.
- One of the largest energy holdings companies in the U.S. with a $3.6 billion wind project that will result in wind turbines in more than five Iowa counties and a projected 2,000 megawatts of power in the state by 2019.
- Multi-state home healthcare provider in connection with the formation of multi-million-dollar joint ventures with other home healthcare providers to develop senior care facilities in multiple states including Alabama, Arizona, Connecticut, Illinois, Minnesota, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.
- Multi-state home healthcare provider in connection with the formation of a multi-million-dollar joint venture with another multi-state home healthcare provider thereby enabling both to expand their scope and depth of operations.
- Livestock company for over 25 years providing organizational, governance, contractual, and transactional assistance. Also assisted them with acquisitions, a number of capital raises, and finally with their sale to another livestock company.
- Client selling to an institutional investor a minority interest in an operating subsidiary that specializes in purchasing and distributing goods and services (including medical supplies, therapy programs, goods, and beverages) to member companies.
- Chinese client to acquire an American manufacturing company. Assisted with the transaction documents and government authorizations and approvals.
- The second largest crop underwriter in North America in connection with the sale of more than $1 billion in stock to a global publicly traded insurance company.
- Leading developer and manager of continuing care, assisted living retirement communities in the acquisition of substantially all assets of a privately-held company with expertise in continuing care retirement communities.
- National seed producer in the sale of its equity interests.
- Leading RV manufacturer of Class A and Class C motor homes in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a manufacturer of towable recreational vehicles.
- Midwestern supplier of construction materials in the sale of its stock to a privately held company.
- Manufacturer and marketer of soybean seeds and products in the sale of some of its assets to a subsidiary of a large chemical company.
- Privately-held hybrid seed company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a subsidiary of a large chemical company.
- Developer of nutritional products in the sale of some of its assets and intellectual property to a pharmaceutical company.
- Frozen food servicing company in the sale of its assets to a subsidiary of Marzetti Foods.
- Seed company in the sale of its various divisions to separate purchasers.