"Impeccable reputation and knowledgeable attorneys...ability to address any legal issue and provide outstanding customer service.”
Chambers USA, Reference Feedback
The immigration attorneys of the Davis Brown Law Firm assist both individuals and businesses in navigating the labyrinth of government regulation related to U.S. immigration law, including:
- permanent residence petitions EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3
- PERM Labor Certifications and National Interest Waivers
- non-immigrant visa categories H-1B, E-3, L-1, O-1, and TN
- foreign students changing status from F-1 to H-1B for temporary work authorization
- international companies in temporary (L-1 or E-1) or permanent transfers of employees
- investors seeking to develop or manage projects in the U.S.
- companies sponsoring employees in shortage occupations (particularly computer professionals, scientists, and physicians) for permanent residence
- fiancé, spouse, or other family sponsorship
What we do
We act as advisors and advocates with U.S. government agencies, including the Citizenship & Immigration Service, the Department of Labor, the Department of State (U.S. embassies and consulates abroad), and related state and federal agencies, assisting in making almost all types of immigration applications.
We assist in internal I-9 audits and answer questions about I-9 and E-Verify compliance. We defend our clients in I-9 audits and negotiate proposed penalties. We work with seasoned litigators and white-collar criminal defense attorneys to challenge agency action or defend our clients in investigations.
We defend individual clients from deportation and advise on special programs such as temporary protected status and DACA (deferred action for child arrivals).
Davis Brown’s immigration attorneys work with employers sponsoring temporary or permanent work visas in a wide range of occupations. We advise companies regarding I-9 and labor condition attestation record-keeping requirements, and we train human resources staff in I-9 compliance. We help businesses and entrepreneurs plan immigration strategy. We advise health care facilities sponsoring foreign physicians in underserved areas, RNs, and other health care providers.
We assist individuals in family sponsorship applications, as well as specialized employment-based applications. We advise on maintaining permanent residence and applying for U.S. citizenship.
We devote considerable time giving back to our community. We speak to community groups and volunteer time in advocating for positive law changes.
We also offer client webinars, workshops, and written updates to explain changes in immigration law or guidance and participate in government liaison meetings.
We are active in the American Immigration Lawyers Association and in local business and rights groups.