“The firm does an outstanding job. They communicate on a timely basis and they have vast knowledge on a wide variety of legal issues. They achieve outstanding results.”
-Chambers USA, Reference Feedback. Davis Brown is one of only four firms in Iowa awarded an Insurance Defense “Band 1” ranking (the highest available ranking) by Chambers USA.
The insurance defense attorneys at Davis Brown Law Firm are an experienced team of professionals who pride themselves on providing top-notch representation to insurance companies and their insureds, as well as to self-insureds, third-party administrators (TPAs), and others. The team represents clients in both federal and state court matters throughout Iowa and the Midwest.
Insurance Defense Representation
The insurance defense team has extensive experience in a wide range of cases and subjects including but not limited to:
- Designer professional liability involving architects and engineers
- Medical professional liability involving doctors, nurses, paramedics, counselors, and others
- Lawyer professional liability
- Other professional liability involving accountants, bankers, insurance brokers, realtors, veterinarians, teachers, and others
- Motor vehicle and tractor trailer accidents
- Construction defects involving owners, designers, contractors, and subcontractors
- Products liability involving distributors, suppliers, retailers, and manufacturers
- Specialty risk liability, including commercial and comprehensive general liability
- Premises liability, slip-and-fall, trip-and-fall, ice and snow negligence, and others
- Catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death
- Municipal liability
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance Defense (EPLI), including wrongful termination, retaliation, and civil rights claims
- Property damage and fire loss claims
- Real estate and title insurance
- Breach of contract and fee disputes
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Antitrust claims
- Asbestos and other consumer product claims
- Dog bite claims
- Dram shop liability
- Coverage claims, including insurance and reinsurance coverage opinions, underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage
- Claims involving 42 U.S.C. §§ 1983 and 1988
- Libel and slander
- Tortious interference with contracts and/or prospective contracts
- Claims counsel oversight
- Workers’ compensation
Having successfully defended numerous claims on behalf of individuals and corporations, the insurance defense attorneys at Davis Brown have extensive trial experience, as well as a wealth of expertise in appellate advocacy. The team is trained and experienced in alternate dispute resolution, including arbitration, mediation, and summary jury trials, and has favorably settled numerous cases before trial to the benefit of insurers and their insureds.
Panel Counsel and Major Claims Counsel
The insurance defense attorneys at Davis Brown are available to act as panel counsel and major claims counsel for insurers and TPAs handling work throughout Iowa and elsewhere in the Midwest and the United States.
A sample of the insurance companies and TPAs that Davis Brown has represented include:
ACE/Chubb; Amerisure Insurance Atlantic Mutual Cos.; CNA Insurance Cos.; Chesterfield Services, Inc.; Continental Western Insurance Group; Crawford & Co.; Criterion Claims Solutions, Inc.; Encompass Insurance; Firemen’s Fund-American Insurance Cos.; GAB Business Services, Inc.; Gallagher Bassett; Grocers Insurance; Hiscox Insurance; IAT Specialty Insurance; Indiana Lumbermen’s Mutual Insurance Co.; Integrity Insurance; Iowa Community Assurance Pool; Liberty Mutual Insurance Co.; Merastar Insurance Co.; Meridian Insurance; Nationwide Agribusiness; ProSight Insurance; Prudential Property & Casualty Insurance Co.; RLI Insurance Companies; Sedgwick CMS; Union Insurance Co.; State Auto Insurance; Wausau Insurance; XL Catlin; York Risk Services Group; and Zurich Insurance.
THE DAVIS BROWN DIFFERENCE: EXCEPTIONAL CLIENT SERVICE™
We take great pride in the quality of work performed for our clients. As part of our exceptional client service, the insurance defense attorneys at Davis Brown:
- Adhere to insurer-requested claim handling guidelines and defense budgeting requirements consistent with our professional duties.
- Promptly respond to email and telephone calls on or before the next business day, absent extraordinary circumstances.
- Keep the insurer and insured reasonably informed of material developments in the case.
- Invoice for our services in a reasonable, accurate, and timely manner. The firm has the technical ability to bill clients through Allegient System, BottomLine Legal eXchange, Advocator System by LSG, BottomLine Visibility, CounselLink by NexisLexis, TyMetrix, and other electronic billing systems.