The attorneys of the International Transactions Department at the Davis Brown Law Firm advise clients in a variety of international transactions. The firm assists clients in the following areas:
- acquisitions, mergers, consolidations
- joint ventures
- intellectual property licensing
- manufacturing and services relationships
- export compliance
- supply arrangements and other purchase and sale matters
- export finance
- letters of credit and collections and other payment support mechanisms
- distribution, dealership, and franchise network establishment and counseling regarding termination
- arbitration and litigation of cross-border matters
- international compliance (FCPA and international anti-corruption conventions)
- repatriation of capital and profit
- tax issues
- risk insurance
The firm’s Intellectual Property Department assists clients in the protection and enforcement of patents, trademarks and copyrights in foreign markets.
The firm’s immigration department assists foreign investors who are interested in obtaining a US visa and domestic clients seeking visas for non-US citizens.
The firm’s affiliation and membership in Lex Mundi, an association of 158 independent law firms throughout the world, gives Davis Brown clients the benefit of advice from attorneys located in every country in which they conduct business.