John D. Shors
John is a name partner of the Davis Brown Law Firm. He has a general practice in, but not limited to, Business Organizations and Transactions, Tax and Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution. He frequently counsels individual executives and boards of directors in a range of matters. John is admitted to practice by the Iowa Supreme Court, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Over his career he has represented clients such as Iowa State University, Mercy Medical Center and MidAmerican Energy Companies. John has a passion for capital formation and helped form Edge Technologies, the Iowa Research Council, the Iowa State University Research Park, the Iowa Fund of Funds and Iowa Community Development.
AWARDS & Honors
In his career John has been recognized professionally by a number of organizations. The Iowa State Bar Association annually awards its highest award, “The Award of Merit” to a single member of the Bar. John received this award in 2006. He was also awarded “The Award of Merit” from the Iowa State Bar Association Young Lawyers section in 1978.
John has also been recognized by the following groups for his work in various areas of law:
- AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell. An AV
certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament
to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level
of professional excellence.
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2020, Corporate Law, Health Care Law, and Tax Law. John has been listed as a Best Lawyer since 1991.
- Named to 2014 Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- 2016 Great Plains Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate
- 2014 Super Lawyers Business Edition, Business/Corporate
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A, Iowa Ranked Senior Statesman (2011)
- John is a certified mediator and on the Board of the International ADR Society, Chicago, and completed training in Meditation and Arbitration at the CPR Institute, New York.