Michael G. Kulik
Mike is Of Counsel at the Davis Brown Law Firm in the Business Division. His practice encompasses business and corporate law with a focus on telecommunications.
Mike represents a number of small to medium-sized businesses, many of which are family or community owned. He represents a large number of independent telephone companies as well as related businesses in video or cable television, wireless, Internet and other services. He has organized a number of companies in telephone, cable television, cellular and PCS wireless businesses.
Mike has experience in succession and estate planning, securities, financing, mergers, acquisitions, and general business and contractual matters. His client representations involve many businesses in rural and urban settings in Iowa including corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, cooperatives, and general partnerships. He also advises non-profit organizations.
Mike has played an instrumental role in a number of mergers and acquisitions in the telecommunications industry in rural Iowa. He works with clients to understand and assist in developing their business strategy and long-term vision. For example:
- Numerous multi-million dollar mergers and acquisitions of small to midsize telecommunications organizations
- Assists clients with the sale of FCC licenses and businesses to major corporations
- Advises clients on creation of joint ventures to invest in telecommunications businesses
- Helps clients obtain licenses, contracts and services to gain access to broadband services
- Counsels buyers as well as lenders with financing and loan matters—including borrowing funds from governmental entities