Patricia A. Scallon
Patty joined the firm in 2016 as Special Counsel in the Public Finance and Real Estate departments. Prior to joining Davis Brown, Patty was in private practice in Des Moines for over 11 years, practicing primarily in the areas of municipal bond law and commercial real estate finance. Most recently, Patty was in-house counsel at the Principal Financial Group® providing legal services to the company’s real estate investment area.
Public Finance, Real Estate
Patty has a broad range of municipal finance experience, including, but not limited to the following:
- Revenue and private activity financings
- Bond counsel and disclosure counsel for 501(c)(3), housing, health care, college and university, and manufacturing facility financings
- Letter of credit bank counsel on many transactions
- Bond counsel and bank counsel on a variety of transactions including general obligation and revenue financing, loan agreements, development agreements, urban renewal matters, and lease purchase financings for cities, counties, hospitals, community colleges, and school districts
Patty also has experience in the area of commercial real estate finance, serving as both in-house corporate counsel and outside counsel to life insurance companies and other institutional investors in connection with commercial mortgage loan origination, closing and servicing of portfolio and CMBS loans, as well as high-yield transactions such as mezzanine loans and B-notes.
Awards & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2021, Public Finance Law.
- BV® Distinguished™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell. The BV certification mark is an excellent rating for a lawyer with more experience.