Sarah E. Friedricks
Sarah’s litigation practice focuses on handling complex business and civil litigation matters for clients in the financial, healthcare, insurance, and retail industries. Sarah joined Davis Brown in April 2020. She previously practiced in Minneapolis at Robins Kaplan.
Presentations & Publications
Sarah is a frequent writer about business and litigation issues, authoring numerous articles for her prior firm.
- Another Online Sales Tax Update: SCOTUS Overrules Quill
- Retail Applications for Conversational AI
- Update on Floating Warehouses and Drone Delivery
- You Get (and See) What You Pay For
- The Future of Mall Maps: ‘You are Here’ and a Lot More
- Dynamic Pricing: Is ‘Surge’ Pricing Coming to Retail?
- Amazon Go Might be the End of Check-Out Lines
- New FTC Data Breach Response Guidelines
- The ‘UnStore’: The Future of Brick and Mortar Retail?
- RFID: Additional Considerations for Retailers
- Accelerator Focus on Retail
- What’s Hot: Advertising Disclosures on Social Media
She also presented the CLE, Attorney-Client Privilege: Considerations for In-House Counsel.
Sarah studied law at the University of Iowa College of Law graduating with distinction. She served as Managing Editor of the Journal of Corporation Law and authored the note, “Sexy Sex Discrimination: Why Appearance-Based Discrimination is Sex Discrimination” which was published in the 2015 edition.
Sarah was also a member of the National Trial Advocacy Team, worked in the Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence Immigration Clinic, and was also involved with the Organization for Women Law Students and Staff. She was awarded the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence and earned the Boyd Service Award with High Honors for her volunteer service during law school.
Sarah earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Southern California, graduating cum laude. She received the Diana Chudacoff Levin Award for Political Science and was captain of the mock trial team.
Sarah lives in West Des Moines with her husband Kyle and their dog Mellie.