Sarah K. Franklin
Sarah is a senior shareholder of the Davis Brown Law Firm. She joined the Litigation Division in 2008 and maintains a practice including but not limited to insurance defense, real estate litigation, employment litigation, fiduciary litigation, and business litigation. She focuses on complex civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on insurance defense and business litigation. She is current Chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee and previously served as the associate representative to the Board of Directors.
Sarah’s wide array of litigation experience has allowed her to represent her clients in administrative hearings, district court hearings and jury trials, as well as appellate proceedings. She has represented broad range of clients, including insurance companies, banks, financial institutions, commercial property owners, individual property owners, product designers and manufacturers, and employers.
Sarah recently represented a client in an administrative proceeding related to a multi-billion dollar government contract procurement. She has successfully first-chaired bench and jury trials and has negotiated and mediated numerous cases. Sarah has also argued cases before the Iowa Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Iowa and the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
Publications, Speeches, & Seminars
- “The Law on Pregnancy Accommodations and Discrimination,” Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2016.
- “Collection Issues and Summary of the New POA Law,” Davis Brown Spring Seminar, April 2015.
- “Eminent Domain & Private Property,” Land Investment Expo, January 2015.
- “Complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act,” Davis Brown Employment Law Seminar, April 2014.
- “Collection Issues and Summary of the New POA Law,” Davis Brown Employment Law Seminar, April 2013.
- “Complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act,” Davis Brown Employment Law Seminar, April 2013.
- West Des Moines Leadership Academy Graduate (Class of 2013-2014)
- 2018 Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation. Sarah was also selected for the Rising Stars list in 2017.