We are looking for a motivated Immigration Paralegal with a strong desire and passion for making a difference in people’s lives through the immigration work we do each and every day. If you enjoy working on a dynamic team within a rapidly changing area of law and excel at writing and attention to detail, workflow management and client service, please consider joining our team.
This position is full-time and based in our Des Moines, IA office. Teleworking is an option both during and post-COVID for the right candidate.
Essential duties include:
Subject to attorney oversight, the immigration paralegal will:
· Assist attorneys with preparation of immigration petitions and applications, requiring attention to detail and synthesizing information in clear writing.
· Utilize web-based immigration case management system and database continuously and accurately
· Manage a heavy caseload of immigration matters in various stages
· Communicate with clients from a wide variety of backgrounds, including non-native English speakers
· Conduct research to inform immigration applications, spanning scientific and technical concepts to foreign country conditions
· Contribute to the development of processes to simplify work, standardize procedures and help the team operate efficiently and effectively
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree; English or other major with extensive writing preferred
· Energetic, organized, detail-oriented and disciplined, with the willingness to work hard
· Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
· Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Strong analytical skills, technical aptitude, critical thinking, analytical and customer service skills
Davis Brown Law Firm recognizes and values the significant contributions of our support staff and seeks to recruit outstanding individuals who have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Our attorneys serve a diverse client base and practice in a broad range of legal areas, providing the firm's staff members with a desirable variety of work.
Davis Brown is recognized as a top workplace in Iowa and offers a comprehensive benefit package for its staff members, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plans, long-term and short-term disability, flexible spending and health savings accounts, group life and accidental death insurance, a generous paid time off plan, among other benefits. We promote a culture of wellbeing through our wellness program initiatives and encourage a healthy work/life balance for our employees.
In the coming months, Davis Brown will combine with Dentons to become Dentons Davis Brown. The combination continues the growth of Project Golden Spike, a series of combinations dedicated to advancing the first truly national US law firm capable of helping clients navigate the New Dynamic. Clients and employees will continue to work with their Davis Brown teams. This combination is a demonstration of our focus on exceptional client service - supporting clients wherever they do business: Iowa, the Midwest, the US, and beyond. Davis Brown is committed to adapting and growing to best support our clients now and in the future.
Equal Employment Opportunity is both the policy and the practice of our firm and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. To be considered, applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Katharine Springer, Human Resources Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-employment background screening required for the successful candidate.