Davis Brown Law Firm seeks a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant (Secretary) to join our downtown Des Moines office. This position provides all aspects of legal administrative support to litigation attorneys in our downtown office.
- Process time sensitive state and federal court filings
- Transcribe dictation and compose letters and other documents as required
- Docket critical court deadlines
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with preparation for meetings, depositions, hearings, mediations, trials and proceedings
- Maintain attorney calendars, schedule appointments, coordinate meetings, and occasionally make travel reservations
- Assist the billing department with attorney statements/billings
- Open and maintain case files electronically according to firm procedures
- Assist attorneys with maintaining continuing legal education requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- One year of litigation administrative experience required
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of court rules and both federal and state electronic filing requirements
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work within a team as well as independently, with or without supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize a high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as Adobe Acrobat and the willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when engaging with clients and colleagues
Davis Brown Law Firm recognizes and values the significant contributions of our support staff and seeks to recruit outstanding individuals who have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Our attorneys serve a diverse client base and practice in a broad range of legal areas, providing the firm's staff members with a desirable variety of work.
Davis Brown is recognized as a top workplace in Iowa and offers a comprehensive benefit package for its staff members, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plans, long-term and short-term disability, flexible spending and health savings accounts, group life and accidental death insurance, a generous paid time off plan, among other benefits. We promote a culture of well being through our wellness program initiatives and encourage a healthy work/life balance for our employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is both the policy and the practice of our firm and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. To be considered, applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Summer Herring, Human Resources Director, at SummerHerring@davisbrownlaw.com.