We are looking for a motivated Legal Administrative Assistant (Secretary) with a strong desire and passion for making a difference in people’s lives through the immigration work we do each and every day. If you enjoy working on a dynamic team within a rapidly changing area of law and excel at attention to detail and providing excellent support services, please consider joining our team.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to Attorneys and Paralegals in the immigration practice area. This position works closely with Attorneys, Paralegals and other Administrative Assistants to continually grow in understanding and ability to perform administrative functions in a law firm environment and must demonstrate excellent communication, grammatical, proofreading and organizational skills. This full-time position is located in our downtown Des Moines office.
essential duties include
- Prepare correspondence and filings for mailing, courier, FEDEX, including the certificate of mailing, copy and filing of documents per client instructions and/or protocol.
Create, format and edit documents (letters, forms, labels, etc.).
Copy, scan and save documents into electronic document management systems.
Request filing fees via check following internal accounting processes and ensure fees are processed according to application filing requirements.
Manage email notifications and docket dates as necessary.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma required; Associate or Bachelors degree preferred
- One year of prior administrative experience preferred
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail are of the upmost importance
- Self-motivated and able to work well both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to identify level of urgency and prioritize tasks and deadlines accordingly
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, providing exemplary customer service to those this position supports and our clients
- High level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, as well as the ability to learn required systems
- Exceptional attendance and dependability
Davis Brown Law Firm recognizes and values the significant contributions of our support staff and seeks to recruit outstanding individuals who have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. Our attorneys serve a diverse client base and practice in a broad range of legal areas, providing the firm's staff members with a desirable variety of work.
Davis Brown is recognized as a top workplace in Iowa and offers a comprehensive benefit package for its staff members, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing plans, long-term and short-term disability, flexible spending and health savings accounts, group life and accidental death insurance, a generous paid time off plan, among other benefits. We promote a culture of wellbeing through our wellness program initiatives and encourage a healthy work/life balance for our employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is both the policy and the practice of our firm and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. To be considered, applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Katharine Bergbreiter, HR/Payroll Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A post-offer background screening is required for the successful candidate.