Christopher S. Talcott
Chris is a shareholder of the firm. He joined the Business Division as an Associate in June 2009 and was elected Shareholder in 2014. His practice encompasses a few key areas:
He maintains a general real estate practice, encompassing all aspects of both commercial and residential transactions. This practice includes representation of:
- lenders and borrowers in review and drafting of commercial loan transaction documentation and opinions
- lenders in residential and commercial foreclosure actions
- buyers and sellers in residential and commercial transactions where he assists in matters including negotiation of the purchase agreement; due diligence; and title examination and closing services.
Chris also provides general counsel to residential and commercial landlords and commercial tenants.
Business Organizations and Transactions
Chris’s business practice includes business entity formations and general counsel in operations and governance; assistance with negotiation, drafting, and implementation of joint venture agreements and entity and asset sales; and general contract review, drafting, and negotiation assistance.
Within the firm’s Telecommunications Department, Chris provides general counsel to telecommunications companies throughout Iowa, including assistance in Iowa Utilities Board and Federal Communications Commission regulatory matters.
Chris also has experience assisting clients in large scale due diligence projects, data privacy and confidentiality agreements, and gaming law.
- Co-author with David M. Erickson, Iowa Real Estate Law and Practice, (Thomson Reuters, updated annually)
- Contributing author, Iowa Methods of Practice, (Thomson Reuters, updated annually